Recipe submitted by Juhee Chandra
Spicy Sesame Potatoes are a delicious easy to make snack that will have everyone asking for more.
- 500 gms baby potatoes
- red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- jeera powder – 2 teaspoon
- Amchur ( dry mango powder)- 2 teaspoon
- Sesame seed ( white) – 2 teaspoon
- refined cooking oil- 2 tablespoon
- salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes.You can use regular medium size potatoes also if the baby potatoes are not available.Do not overboil so that they burst their skins and get mishmashy.
- Peel the skins and allow to cool.If you are not using baby potatoes,please chop the potaotoes uniformly to bite size pieces -approximately 1-1.5 inches cubes.
- Place all the potatoes in a large flat container like a thali or parant. sprinkle salt,chilli ,coriander,jeera and amchur powder all over the potatoes so that they are uniformly coated all over the potatoes.
- Now you can transfer them to a bowl and keep in the fridge.I have seen that overnight marination in these dry spices makes the snack even tastier. it also saves time when you are expecting guests as it reduces last minute cooking.
- When you have to serve-heat the oil.when the oil is thoroughly heated, switch off the gas and add the sesame seed. They will start spluttering immediately.
- Pour this onto the potatoes,so that now these marinated potatoes are covered thoroughly by the browned sesame seeds.
- Serve on a flat tray along with toothpicks.