Custard Toast Bites
Custard Toast Bites is custard flavored with saffron and cardamom and served over toasted bread. This recipe is definitely un-traditional but nonetheless a delicious approach. This is super easy to make and you can call this Custard Bruschetta. Custard Toast Bites can be served as a dessert or tea time snack.
- 12 thin slices of French bread bruschetta or use the regular size bread and cut them to size you will like
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp corn starch
- Pinch saffron
- ⅛ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 Tbsp sliced almond for garnishing
- 1 Tbsp sliced pistachios for garnishing
- In a heavy bottom pan; stir in the milk, cream, cornstarch, sugar, cardamom powder and saffron. Make sure the corn flour has dissolved completely, no lumps.
- Turn the heat to medium and bring the milk mixture to a boil, stirring continuously. Turn the heat to low. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens. It is important to keep stirring continuously to avoid burning and the lumps.
- Milk mixture should be consistency of thick batter. This should take about 3-4 minutes. Remember as custard will cool of it will become thicker. Turn off the heat and sliced almonds mix it well. The custard is ready.
- Lightly butter the bread from both sides and toast to make them crisp.
For Serving Spread custard generously over toasted bread and garnish with pistachios.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!