Masala French Fries
Masala French Fries are an exciting twist on french fries, and they are great to serve with cocktails or as an appetizer.
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mint
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp citric acid tatre
Oil to fry
- Peel the potatoes wash and cut into French fries.
- Mix the salt with potato and let it sit for about ten minutes. Drain the salt water well and lightly pat dry.
- Mix cornstarch, salt, mint powder, citric acid, red and black pepper together. Sprinkle the spice mix over potatoes and mix well so all the fries are covered with spices.
- Heat the oil in frying pan on medium high heat. The frying pan should have at least 1 inch of oil. To check if the oil is ready, just put potato strip in frying pan. Potato should sizzle.
- Fry the fries till they become gold in color all around, turn the fries a few times while frying.
- Remove fries from oil and place on paper towel. Serve hot and enjoy!
Variations Replace dry mint with dry fenugreek leaves. Feel free to experiment. Tips You can make the fries few hours before serving. Heat the fries in oven at 350 degrees for seven to ten minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!