Paneer Tikka Masala
- 1/2 ld paneer
- 1/2 tsp salt 1/4
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp yogurt dahi, curd
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 green chili
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/8 tsp asafetida hing
- 2 bay leaves taj pat
- 1 tbsp coriander powder dhania
- 1/2 tsp paprika dagi or kashmiri mirch
- 1/4 tsp turmeric haldi
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped hara dhania
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- Slice the paneer in about 1/8-inch-thick and about in one inch squares.
- Mix ginger, salt, pepper, coriander, and yogurt with sliced paneer in a bowl, cover it and let the mixture marinate for at least an hour. It is better to have the paneer marinate in a refrigerator.
- Blend tomatoes and green chilies to make a puree and keep aside.
- Dissolve the corn starch in 2 tablespoons of water and keep aside. Corn starch is used to give thickness to gravy.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in flat frying pan on medium heat, making sure to oil the entire surface of the pan.
- Next put the marinated paneer in frying pan and gently stir-fry for about 3 to 4 minutes until paneer becomes light brown. Take out the paneer in a bowl and use the same frying pan to make the gravy.
- To prepare the gravy, add 1 table spoon of oil in a frying pan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if seed cracks right away oil is ready. Add cumin seeds and asafetida after seeds crack add bay leaves and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato puree, coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder, sugar, and cook for about 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the corn starch mix stir for few minutes till the sauce thickens.
- Add the stir-fry paneer in the tomato gravy and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes on low medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and add cilantro and garam masala stir slowly and cover the pan for few minutes.
How To Make Paneer Tikka Masala – Manjula’s Kitchen
Paneer Tikka Masala, a gluten-free delight, is a delectable gravy-based dish known for its simplicity in preparation and remarkable flavor profile. The essence of this culinary masterpiece lies in marinated paneer cubes immersed in a flavorful tomato-based gravy. The straightforward cooking process belies the rich and complex taste it imparts, making Paneer Tikka Masala an ideal choice for those seeking a straightforward yet exquisite dish. It is best served with Roti, Naan, Jeera Rice and Lacha Paratha
1. Preparing the Jain Paneer Tikka for the Ultimate Flavor:
The meticulous process of How To Make Paneer Tikka Masala recipe involves slicing the paneer into 1/8-inch-thick squares, each measuring approximately one inch. This precise cutting ensures that the paneer absorbs the myriad flavors during marination, contributing to the dish’s overall richness. In a mixing bowl, the amalgamation of ginger, salt, pepper, coriander, and yogurt transforms the paneer into a delightful canvas for the forthcoming culinary masterpiece. It is imperative to cover and refrigerate the marinated paneer for at least an hour, allowing time for the ingredients to harmonize and elevate the essence of Jain Paneer Tikka Masala.
Perfecting the Tomato Puree for the Heart of the Dish:
The soul of the Jain Paneer Tikka Masala recipe lies in the sumptuous tomato puree. To concoct this essential element, a harmonious blend of tomatoes and green chilies is created, resulting in a smooth and vibrant puree. This puree serves as the foundation upon which the entire paneer tikka masala recipe thrives. It encapsulates the essence of freshness and spice, complementing the marinated paneer and enhancing the overall gastronomic experience.
Elevating the Texture with Corn Starch Elegance:
To achieve the desired thickness in the gravy, dissolve cornstarch in two tablespoons of water, a crucial step in perfecting the Jain Paneer Tikka Masala recipe. This corn starch infusion contributes not only to the visual appeal of the dish but also imparts a luxurious texture to the gravy. The meticulous attention to this detail ensures that every bite of the paneer tikka masala is a symphony of flavors and textures.
Transformative Sautéing of Marinated Paneer:
The journey to create the perfect Jain Paneer Tikka Masala takes a transformative turn as the marinated paneer meets the heat of a well-oiled frying pan. The sizzle and aroma that fill the kitchen during the 3 to 4 minutes of gentle stir-frying mark the inception of the dish’s visual and aromatic allure. The light browning of the paneer adds a subtle crunch, creating a delightful contrast to the impending velvety tomato gravy.
Crafting an Aromatic Gravy Symphony:
The artistry of making Jain Paneer Tikka Masala reaches its zenith with the crafting of the aromatic gravy. In the sizzling oil, cumin seeds, asafetida, and bay leaves engage in a flavorful dance, infusing the base with a tantalizing aroma. The introduction of the tomato puree, combined with coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder, and a hint of sugar, creates a symphony of flavors that defines the essence of paneer tikka masala.
Culminating in Jain Paneer Tikka Masala Perfection:
As the final act in the culinary saga, the integration of the corn starch mix imparts the desired thickness to the gravy, harmonizing all elements of the Jain Paneer Tikka Masala. The reunion of the stir-fried paneer with the flavorful tomato gravy is a moment of gastronomic alchemy. The careful simmering over low-medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes allows the paneer to absorb the essence of the gravy, resulting in a dish that is the epitome of Jain paneer tikka perfection. Concluding with the gentle addition of cilantro and garam masala, the pan is covered, giving the flavors a moment to intertwine before presenting the masterpiece – a delectable Jain Paneer Tikka Masala ready to captivate the palate.