Idli Manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese dish, and made several different ways. Idli Manchurian is a super delicious appetizer or main dish. I prepare this dish when I have leftover idlies. Idli Manchurian satisfies your savory and spicy cravings!
- 4 idlies I am using left over idlies, I do have the recipe for idli
- 2 cups sliced yellow and green bell pepper use any color bell pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil for stir-frying idlies and bell pepper
- 6 whole red chilies
- 2 Tbsp oil canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste or finely grated ginger adrak
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch or arrow root powder
- 1 cup water
- Boil the red chilies in about 1/2 cup of water until they are tender. Let them cool off. In a blender blend all the sauce ingredients together oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, tomato paste, sugar, and corn starch if needed add more water.
- Boil the sauce over medium heat. Sauce should be pouring consistency. Set aside.
- Cut the idlies into bite size pieces, I have cut the idlies in 6 pieces. Heat the oil in frying pan over medium high heat. Add idlies and sprinkle the salt. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until idlies are lightly golden brown, take them out and set aside.
- In the same pan stir fry bell pepper 2-3 minutes, do not overcook the bell pepper, they taste better when they are still crisp. Add the stir-fry idlies to bell peppers. Pour the sauce and stir gently making sure idlies are coated well. Turn off the heat.
- Idli Manchurian is ready. Take them out in a serving bowl.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!