Need a simple healthy appetizer that is sure to be enjoyed by all? Try serving my “Masala Paneer Cubes” at your next get together! It is homemade paneer mixed with a variety of spices. Serve with crackers, or fruit plate. Masala paneer can be used for many different ways, like paneer pakoras, paneer paratha.
This recipe will serve 8
- 8 cups milk whole milk
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 black pepper crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon clarified butter, ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, jeera
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely shredded, or paste
- 1 tablespoon green chili seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Boil the milk in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat, first wet the pan to ensure the milk will not burn. Stir occasionally.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add the lemon juice gradually and stir gently. The curd will start separating from the whey. Turn off the heat.
- Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using a strainer lined with muslin cloth.
- Wrap the curds in a muslin cloth, rinse under cold water, and squeeze well.
- To test whether enough water has been removed from the paneer, rub a little piece of paneer on your palm with your fingers. After rubbing the paneer 15-20 seconds, you should be able to make a firm, smooth ball.
- In a small frying pan heat the clarified butter (ghee) over medium heat. When ghee is moderately hot add cumin seeds as seeds crack add green chili and ginger, turn off the heat. Stir fry for few seconds and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl mix the paneer with all the ingredients fried cumin mix, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix it well, do not knead the paneer. Put the paneer in a flat bowl and press it to spread evenly. Cover it and refrigerate for at least two hours.
For this recipe full fat milk works better otherwise paneer will be too dry.
Do not knead the paneer that will make paneer little chew.
How To Make Paneer Masala At Home Recipe
Explore the perfect fusion of flavors with our delectable masala paneer appetizers and snacks. Satisfy your cravings for gluten-free delights featuring the rich essence of paneer. Indulge in these flavorful snacks that redefine the joy of snacking.
Preparing Masala Paneer at Home:
Indulge in the culinary art of crafting masala paneer by following this easy step-by-step guide on how to make paneer masala at home. Begin the process by boiling milk in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat, ensuring the pan is wet to prevent burning. Stir occasionally as the milk comes to a boil. Gradually introduce lemon juice to curdle the milk, separating the curd from the whey. This initial step sets the foundation for a delightful paneer butter masala.
Draining and Squeezing the Curds for Paneer Butter Masala:
After successfully curdling the milk, the next crucial step in the paneer butter masala recipe involves draining the whey. Employ a strainer lined with muslin cloth to filter out excess liquid. Wrap the curds in the cloth, rinse under cold water, and squeeze thoroughly. Testing the paneer’s water content is key; a firm, smooth ball should form after rubbing it on your palm for 15-20 seconds. This meticulous process ensures the perfect texture for your homemade paneer butter masala.
Flavor Infusion with Cumin Mix for Masala Paneer:
Enhance the taste of your paneer butter masala by preparing a flavorful cumin mix. Heat clarified butter (ghee) in a small pan, adding cumin seeds until they crack. Introduce green chili and ginger, stir-frying for a few seconds. This aromatic blend serves as a crucial ingredient in the masala, imparting a distinct and savory touch to your how to make paneer butter masala adventure.
Mixing and Chilling for the Best Paneer Butter Masala:
In a mixing bowl, combine the prepared paneer with the cumin mix, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, and lemon juice. It’s essential to achieve a thorough mix without kneading the paneer. Place the paneer in a flat bowl, press it evenly, and cover it. Allow it to refrigerate for a minimum of two hours. This cooling period not only solidifies the paneer but also intensifies the flavors for an extraordinary paneer butter masala recipe.
Savoring the Delight of Homemade Paneer Butter Masala:
Once refrigerated, your homemade masala paneer is ready to elevate your culinary experience, especially when preparing the tantalizing paneer butter masala. Explore the rich flavors and follow a simple how to make paneer butter masala recipe to create a dish that delights your taste buds and showcases your culinary prowess. Relish the satisfaction of crafting a delectable paneer butter masala from scratch, bringing the authentic taste of Indian cuisine to your dining table.