Recipe submitted by Abhilasha
Lachha Rabdi is a sweet, delicious dessert made with milk, nuts, and spices.
- 4 cups Milk
- 3-4 tablespoon Sugar (sweetness as per taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Saffron
- 2 tablespoon chopped almonds & pistachios
- Take a big,wide and heavy bottom pan or kadhai.
- Grease the sides and bottom of the pan with ghee.
- Add milk in the pan and boil on medium flame.
- When milk start boiling ,a layer of malai will start forming over the milk.
- Now take the malai with help of spatula and keep collecting it on the sides of the pan.
- Collect malai on all the sides and keep stirring the milk in between so that it will not stick in the bottom.
- Keep repeating the process till the milk reduced to almost 1/3 .
- Now add sugar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add saffron,cardamom and chopped nuts and switch off the flame.
- Now scrape the malai from the sides of the pan and add in the milk.
- Let it come to room temperature.
- Garnish with some nuts and saffron.
- Refrigerate it for 1-2 hours and serve chilled.
Father’s Day note:
When I was a kid, I used to sit on small swing in my home and my father used to feed me with his hands everyday. He will never eat before feeding me and used to feed with so love that I can still vividly remember those sweet days.